Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, March 8, 2014

The Inside of My Eyelids

 
Our Friday night work hours at the paper have been pushed later, to the point where it's becoming more like the hours the newspaper route had, which are my very worst to be awake. Not liking that so much.

Today, I was hoping to mostly see the inside of my eyelids. I was asleep within minutes of getting home.

However, the Social Security office called at 11 am to complete the processing of my application for Medicare. I was really surprised. I had no idea that one application would result in them calling to check if that meant I wanted to start taking my retirement benefits (hah- maybe I'll get to lose one of these dead-end jobs, anyway). It was painless and easy to complete the process. Now, there are two words I thought I'd never say in regards to something run by the government. Of course, it wasn't painless getting to this point. Since this blog is supposed to be about the good stuff, I won't tell you how difficult it was to get on the SS web site, since the first time I tried to log in, months ago, they said I didn't exist. It took two trips to the SS office to solve that problem.

But, I am one step closer to being more free to take advantage of my little portable office.

After that call, I was wide awake but felt the way I always do when awake at those really bad times for me. There's a word for it, but this is a family-friendly blog. I shoveled some snow (the driveway is softening and turning into a car-eating bog), came back in and read a bit and slept some more. That now leaves me wide awake, but hopeful I can sleep again in a while.

So, I have nothing pretty from today to show you, but I'll leave you with a male goldeneye duck on the Manistee River from earlier in the week.

photo label

See Riverwalk Flora and Fauna
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


3 comments:

rainfield61 said...

What can I see inside my eyelids?

It sounds simple yet complicated if pondering longer.

Ann said...

I spent most of Saturday studying the inside of my eye lids. :)

Anonymous said...

I always hated working off hours, especially in situations where business had to be taken care of during the day.