Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Hot Trouble

 
The defining feature of the day was heat. Wow. I did get some laundry done, and worked on a database project I've become obsessed with. But I didn't move far or fast.

Neither did Trouble. This is Riley's offspring who has stayed around. I think Trouble is a good enough name for him/her. We can't have the bird feeders any more because we can't afford to feed the squirrel(s) too. We now have a fox squirrel hanging around too, and they are really pigs. And I think Trouble chews more than Riley did.

Anyway, these pictures were taken on a different hot day, but Trouble was pretty much slowed to a crawl as well.

red squirrel

I took the pictures because I've never seen a red squirrel just lie down and look less than alert out in the open like this (on our deck railing). Here's one through a cleaner window.

red squirrel

But it was oppressive enough today to keep me pretty much in a chair with a fan on.

See Hello, My Name is Trouble
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


4 comments:

Ann said...

Didn't take trouble long to outwear his welcome. Too bad about the bird feeders but I know how much those guys can eat when they get to one.

Secondary Roads said...

It was that kind of day.

Lin said...

I've seen the squirrels lie flat on the roof, shed or fence to cool off.

We put some food out in the feeder and whoever comes by can eat. I am not particular if it is the squirrels or the birds. I find the birds do a fine job of scooting the squirrels off the feeder when they are hungry...and the squirrels spread the seed around so everyone gets a shot at it all over the ground and such.

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello sharkbytes its dennis the vizsla dog oh hay wow trouble has ben reinkarnayted as a chipmunk!!! i am trying to deeside if that is karma ketching up with her or if this is an upgrayd frum beeing a cat!!! ennyway hi trouble!!! ok bye