Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Mushroom House and More

 
I didn't take many pictures on my Cincinnati hike. It was hot and I was using all my energy to walk. However, there were a lot of great older houses near the river.

I particularly liked this stately apartment building. The picture is horrible, with wires and cars, but I wasn't waiting around until I got a better shot. Notice the semi-enclosed court in front and the concrete pillars that contrast with the brick. I'm thinking classic 1930s.

1930 apartment building

I also really liked the eclectic stone work along the driveway for this home.


stone sided driveway

But the best was this place. It's become something of a tourist attraction and is known as the Mushroom House.


Mushroom House, Cincinnati

See Cincinnati Spur
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


3 comments:

Gordon said...

I have seen the mushroom house quite a few times. It is near my daughter and granddaughter's house. Since she adopted her new daughter Grandpa and Grandma are making regular trips to Cincinnati.

Secondary Roads said...

Those are some digs. Wonder what it would be like to live there?

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello sharkbytes its dennis the vizsla dog oh hay wow yoo no the smurf always tels me he livs in a mushrum howse but i kind of thawt it wood be smaller then that!!! ok bye