Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Red Flowers

 
The gardens at Stan Hywet mansion were extensive and simply beautiful. I took lots and lots of pictures. Some of them aren't necessarily showing the beauty of the plant, but they are to help me remember what it looks like later. Or perhaps they were something I'd particularly like when I have a garden without deer and rabbits and woodchucks, and with more discretionary income.

Today, I'll feature the color red.

This is Firewings Begonia. Begonias have so many different shapes, and many have gorgeous colored leaves. This one has long thin leaves and "hot" elongated flowers that remind me of the Angry Birds game.

firewings begonia

Next is a sidewalk border that I really liked. The white flower is Euphorpia sp. 'Diamond Frost,' which nicely contrasts with the red "rose" double impatiens. The dark red back row is a coleus.

red rose impatiens
This was actually the last picture I took of the entire day. There are very few flowers so exotic-looking as a Passion Flower. This one almost looks plastic, but it's real.

passion flower

I suppose I should get back to blogging about stuff in my real life, but I can't think of a good reason why. The gardens of Stan Hywet have lots more lovely memories to share.


See Stan Hywet
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!

2 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Some nice bright flowers!

Ann said...

Very pretty. I don't mind if you want to hang out in the garden a bit longer before moving on to something else. :)