Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Season of Thankfulness - No Alarm Mornings

 
I still have one day a week that I have to get up to an alarm clock. That would be Wednesdays. Today. Had to be at work at 8 am. I try not to be grumpy, but it sure doesn't feel good.

To me, one of the real perks when I am actually retired will be to be waked up abruptly by an alarm as seldom as possible.

alarm clock

Even so, as it is now, I don't have to do it very much compared to most people. I am so fuzzy in the mornings. It feels like my head is full of sand, and it takes a long time to really wake up. I've always been this way.

I think I get to indulge myself with this simple pleasure at this point in life!

No adventures today. Worked 8.5 hours, all but about 15 minutes of it on my feet. Chilling now.


See Milkin' the Paper Route
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


3 comments:

Secondary Roads said...

In the comic Strip Aunty Acid today, she asks, "Do you ever look in the mirror in the morning and think, "That can't be right?"

The only problem [for me] of living without the alarm clock is that I tend to stay in bed just a bit longer each day.

Ann said...

My alarm goes off at 4:20 in the morning so I always enjoy a morning when I don't have to hear it.

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello sharkbytes its dennis the vizsla dog hay lukky me al my days ar like this!!! wel sumtimes dadas alarm goze off but i git to ignore it and keep on sleeping if i want to!!! wich i do!!! ha ha ok bye