Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Just Hangin' Out

 
I looked out the window yesterday and saw something in the branches of an aspen tree. We have a couple of stray cats that hang around the barn. My view from the window was farther away than this, so I thought it might be one of them.

squirrel in tree

Nope, it's a fox squirrel, just lounging casually in that curve of the branch. I ask you, did you ever see a squirrel so relaxed it let its tail hang down like that?

squirrel in tree

Seriously, that is one laid back squirrel. Look closer. Paws crossed, chin on hands. Just chillin'.

squirrel in tree


See Is There a Nut in There?
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


3 comments:

Secondary Roads said...

Your friend has captured the way I feel today. I'll try to emulate that to the extent of my capabilities.

Ann said...

Love it, he looks like he's contemplating life

Lin said...

Awww...very cute! Yeah, I see them spread out and relax on the fence sometimes. I guess animals "chill", right?