Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, February 23, 2018

Moving On

 
As I came home from work today I was chasing the back end of the storm front that has hovered over us for the past several days. It's moving on. It's really too early to let myself think Spring, but it sure felt like it this afternoon.

back end of a storm front above fast food restaurants

When I got home, the next step in whatever is going on across the road was in progress. I took this picture on January 28. They bulldozed the entire lot just across and east of us.

bulldozed trees and shrubs in a field

Today, they were burning it all. I have no idea what's going in over there, but whatever it is, I don't like it already. I was hopeful the strip mall "progress" along this road wouldn't quite reach us until after I was dead, but I think my timing is off by a couple of decades. Bummer. I feel like moving on. Need to get that trailer done!

burning bulldozed trees and shrubs in a field

In other news: The prayer of the day was "let me be gracious, not grumpy." My success in putting that into action was partial. Work, oil change, wrote Chapter 12 in The ABZ Affair. Back to work in a couple of hours.

See Storm
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


3 comments:

Ann said...

Oh no, I hope it's not a strip mall that's going to fill in your wide open space there.

Secondary Roads said...

Some might call that "progress." I am not convinced.

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello sharkbytes its dennis the vizsla dog oh hay wow owt heer if we hav a fire like that we run away frum it but owt yore way they ar setting them on purpuss!!! so strayndj!!! i do not blaym yoo for not liking it!!! ok bye