Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, February 3, 2018

Slow News Day, Let's Talk Toes

 
I did not wake up till after 1 pm, and then I had a funeral to get to at 2. That was close. Fortunately there was food afterwards, because I didn't eat anything before I left the house.

Then I stopped at the store and didn't get home till after 4. It was like the day was over before I even woke up! But it is Saturday.

The reason I went to the store is that "my" sneakers were on sale for 40% off. That's serious savings. That's when I buy shoes.

Here's the toe issue. It's actually all about one toe. I have arthritis in exactly one joint so far. It's the second toe on the left foot. It has made that toe get bigger and bigger.

toes

I'd gone a half size larger in shoes several years ago, just to accommodate it. It doesn't hurt except when it bangs on things. Like the inside of the shoe. Which it's been doing again. Bummer. I've been trying to decide if I have to go yet another half size larger with shoes. Will I trip on them? My feet aren't used to being big. Bottom line... that toe hurts, and I can make it stop with bigger shoes, so the purchase was made.

new sneakers

Now I'm writing. Hopeful of doing a lot of that this weekend.

See You Know You Are a Long-Distance Hiker When...
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


3 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Had to go to larger shoes a couple of years ago too.

Ann Thompson said...

I've never bought that brand of shoes but someone told me they are really comfortable. Can't beat when they are on sale

Lin said...

Ugh. And then the right shoe is too big?? I wonder if somebody sells one shoe at one size and the other shoe at another? Sometimes a too-big shoe is just as bad as a too-small one.

I finally had my bunions removed this year. I can't wait to get back into my summer flats/low heels to have my feet fit nicely in them again. My feet were aching all the time from those darn things.