Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, February 17, 2018

Soft Little Footfalls

 
From time to time we get a stray cat living in one of our decrepit outbuildings. Lookin' very much like there's one around now, although I haven't spotted him/her yet. Cute little prints with no claws.

cat tracks

Took a road walk again today. Not much of interest to see, except that it was almost 6 pm when I got home and there was still light. That's nice.

blue evening

In other news: I think I must have done my crash day yesterday instead of today. Yesterday morning at work was stressful, and I just couldn't get myself in gear between shifts. I was thinking maybe I'd lost my momentum on the Dubois Files books, because I wasn't liking Chapter 1 very much. But I spend as much time pondering as I do writing, and eventually came to realize that the problem was the chapter was too complex and would not entice kids to read farther. So, today I reworked it, and I'm liking the result a lot. This third book will have stronger appeal to kids who like academics and brainy puzzles more than the first two books. I want some of the series to do just that, but even so, they can't be way out of range. Anyway... problem solved, and I'm in the middle of chapter 3. Back to work!

See Concept Cover: ABZ Affair
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


2 comments:

Ann Thompson said...

Staying light longer is a nice sign we are on the way to spring

Secondary Roads said...

I don't know how you can keep up the pace.