Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, February 25, 2018

Frost Flowers

 
Not to be confused with frostweed, these ephemeral beauties appeared on my windshield the other morning. I know they weren't from today, but I wanted to share them.

frost flowers on a windshield

The outside word of the day was wind. It blew strong and cold all night long. I thought today the new front (warmer) would be here and it would stop. The sun was shining, but that cold wind continued to blow all day and it was rather miserable out, despite looking so cheerful.

In other news: I wrote two chapters in The ABZ Affair. My goal was three, but I also had to write my monthly newspaper column. My brain seems to sort of self-destruct after about 3000 words, most days, so I don't think another chapter will happen yet tonight.


See Frostweed
See Frosty
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!

1 comment:

Ann said...

Frost does make some interesting patterns.