Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, September 23, 2024

Where I(t) All Began

  One of my third cousins (the toddler pictured in the second link below) sent me this from a box she had been sorting. She is the youngest sibling of my cousin Jean that is featured here fairly often since we've reconnected.
birth announcement card from 1948


It was sent to my mother's second cousin Helen, as you can see from the envelope. Helen was an aunt of Wendy, the lady who sent it on (back) to me. See Helen in the first link below.
envelope postmarked 1948


Here's the interior. You can see that I started out tiny (and I was 3 weeks overdue) and although it appeared for a while that I was going to be tall, as things turned out... I'm still fairly tiny.
birth announcement 1948


In other news: I worked on computer things in the morning, including (I am beyond overjoyed to report) finding some master files that I thought might have been permanently lost in a double computer/external hard drive crash two computers ago. But I had them in a third location, also on a flash drive. What a relief!

In the afternoon I prepared books for mailing and walked to the PO. Have had a little time for my pet project.

Miles walked in 2024: 451

See Cousin Helen
See Jean Hall and Joan Hall

No comments: