I did miss dinner, but they saved me a container. So, I got to eat about a half hour ago. Bill checked me in, but I signed up for the wrong hike, so I hope they let me change that. It doesn't return until 4 pm and I have something else I have to do in the afternoon.
Working backwards on the day... the closer I got the more iffy the weather looked. Here's a storm cloud coming in over the hills we are camping in. The car got a brief but nice bath.
The bulk of the day was spent dealing with this. The picture is after I threw the ruined tire back in the car. So you can see I did not exaggerate about shredded. The wheel was OK. Thank goodness for that.
I will not expound on the day. Bill and Diane got to listen to me rant on the phone quite a bit. Bill made the mistake of calling me at the apex of my irritation. It was not one of Joan's better attitude days. However, I have 4 new matching tires of the right size which are hopefully a step or two above crap (jury is still out on that). And I was able to make it to the Trail Fest yet today. Finally left Toledo area at 3:30 pm.
I have not missed an annual Conference, Celebration, Trail Fest or whatever other name it has gone by since 1995, and I wasn't going to miss this year's because of a stupid tire problem.
And now I am going to stop and go to bed.
![]() | See At Mariannes's |




4 comments:
Glad you made it there safe and sound and got all set up. Holy smokes on that tire. That really was shredded. Hope the rest of the trip is smooth sailing
Java Bean: "Ayyy, that is a shredded tire all right! It looks like the cats got to it!"
Oona (inspecting her murder mittens): "And don't forget that what cats can do to a tire, cats can do to you."
Thanks, Ann- me too!
Oona- I will keep that in mind!
Post a Comment