Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, October 10, 2009

More Farm Animals

 

goats

I'm home, very tired, but today I'll just post some more fun farm animals. I really enjoyed seeing the ones that were clean and healthy looking. The goats above were part of a medium-size herd, and they had their own dog to guard them, who was barking many protests at my walking past!

donkeys

Here we have some more donkeys... better picture, less fence than last time. I was told that many people keep donkeys to protect their goats, because the donkeys will stomp any attacking animal to death, while remaining very friendly to people. Who knew?

horse

I wasn't able to get as nice a pose of this horse as the one from other day, but the markings were so beautiful that I decided to use it anyway.

guinea hens

Finally, here are some guinea hens. These fowl are native to Africa, but have become domesticated pretty much everywhere around the world. They make a noise like a gate swinging on a rusty hinge.

Tomorrow, I will have a game for you (just a quickie) in shades of brown and gold. Just for fun!

See Rural Living

3 comments:

Rick (Ratty) said...

I really love seeing farm animals. There are actually a few places around here that keep farm animals. I would get pictures, but they're all kind of hidden back behind trees and bushes. I figure these people want to keep them mostly private.

Tes said...

You took good shots of those animals! Really clear! I love the color of that horse -God really is an artist! And you have captured his wonderful work! Teehee.

Looking forward to your game of brown and gold! *hugs, girl*

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Ratty- Well, in S Ohio, the animals are sure not usually hidden or kept private!

Tes- I'm glad you like the horse. I thought the markings were very unique!