Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Next Big Craft Project


definitely daisy afghan section

Well, you know I couldn't last long without starting another big craft project. So after finishing Irene's afghan this summer, I started one for SIL Loretta. She chose the pattern and the colors, although we are changing it some. It's called "Definitely Daisy."

I took the project with me to Ohio, and the rain day that I rested at the home of some friends I actually had the time to get a nice start on it. I sewed one small section together to get a feel for how the blocks would look. We are putting more colors in it than the original pattern used.

If you would like to see the directions for this afghan, I have published them at Spring Daisies Afghan

You get to see this today because the topic I was going to post needs some more work. I very nearly made a big plant ID error. Will tell all, tomorrow!

See Irene's Afghan is Done!

2 comments:

Rick (Ratty) said...

I found out over the years that people really like these. I've had several of them made for me, but other people keep taking them from me. They see them and like them so much that they just walk away with them. It's kind of funny actually.

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Ratty! That's terrible... I think... I hope it was at least relatives that sort of borrowed them permanently. I have a hard time picturing strangers stealing afghans. Sounds like a spoof title "The Case of the Afghan Snatchers."