Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Rural Living


cows under trees

Most of this hike is through rural Ohio, on back roads. Not everyone is a farmer, but there are still plenty of places to see some handsome farm animals. I have yet to capture what I really consider a pastoral scene, but this one isn't too bad.

three donkeys

These three handsome donkeys were so friendly that they came to the fence and wanted their noses petted.

horse

And I've seen quite a few horses. But this one agreed to help me make a very pretty picture, so it's the winner!


8 comments:

betchai said...

i agree, that last one is a winner! i love the action that you captured!

•°°• IcyBC •°°• said...

Yes, the last picture of the horse is just beautiful. Harmony in nature!

Joanne Olivieri said...

I have been a city gal all my life but would one day love to experience rural living. The horse is gorgeous.

Glynis Peters said...

Great shots! I am a rural living gal. My village in Cyprus is very rural and I love it.

bemused26 said...

That is a really nice post with great pictures. I just am totally in love with donkeys- they are so cute looking! The horse is a great picture too :)

Auntie E said...

How Pleasant. I really miss living in rural America. We use to have cattle and horses. Love all the photos.

Rick (Ratty) said...

I love seeing farm animals. Growing up in the city but having parents from the country gave me a longing for farms.

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Betchai- I'm glad you noticed! The horse was moving.

Icy- there is peace and harmony there, isn't there?

Shutterbug- I can hardly imagine what a life in a city would be like.

Glynis- Your village sounds wonderful. You've taught me so much about Cyprus.

Bemused- The donkeys do seem quite special. People seem to keep them as something between pets and guard "dogs."

Auntie E- Glad I gave you some good memories!

Ratty- Sometimes I think everyone has some inner longings for the country if they know how to recognize it.