Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, October 16, 2009

One Lovely Blog Award


photo label

It has taken me several days to get around to posting this, and thanking her, but LaShan at A Lil Enchanted has bestowed the One Lovely Blog award on me. And that, despite the dead birds, black toenails, and half-eaten deer... I'm glad she believes that the flowers and scenery outweigh the reality of the other parts.

She is a work-at-home Mom who writes about her experiences, reviews products and enjoys life. She has a pretty funny Halloween picture in her Oct. 14 post.

OK, I'm supposed to link back to the person who gave the award and then choose 15 recently discovered blogs to pass it on to. I don't think I can manage that many, but here are a few very interesting ones, some new to me, some not so new.

Daily Art Fixx- I just discovered this blog. There is a new piece of art every day... the style will be pot luck, but never boring!
Our Simple Life- Julia will introduce you to the underbelly of country life with kids, and keep you laughing! Definitely a friend now.
Duck and Wheel with String- wacky philosophy from a weirdo suburb. Lin has become a pal
English Wilderness- always one of my favorites for nature pictures from John!
Chase and More- a family's journey as they try to help a Down's Syndrome baby become all he can be
Kamila the Camel- this camel from Bulgaria has good advice on many topics. I just like it!

6 comments:

Kamila The Camel said...

Kamila sends here thanks for the nomination. Happy Days! :)

Lin said...

Thanks, Sharky! Thanks for the link and the kind words--I'll do my best to post. :) Oh, I've already checked out your other mentions and you've got some great new blogs (well, to me) to look at!

John | English Wilderness said...

Thanks Sharkbytes :-) I'm going to click the links back to see if I find out who started the award, or if I end up going round in circles :-)

Now I need to look through my favourites to see who hasn't already received it!

Julia said...

Thank you for your nice words! A little light to contrast the heavy of the past two weeks. Thanks for thinking of me.

Husband is very ill now and I am so ready for this flu to pass and be gone forever!

Sharkbytes said...

Hey everyone! I'm glad you appreciate my choices rather than thinking... just another dumb blog award to deal with!

John- let us know what you find. This is actually the 3rd time I've been given this same award.

Julia- Oh, dear... I hope you are all well again very soon.

Rick (Ratty) said...

Congratulations on your award. I'll check out the blogs on your list that I don't recognize, and I check a few of these every day already. Following the links for new discoveries is the fun part of awards. :)