Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Enjoying the Ordinary

 
Rested, goofed off, gave myself a break today. My brain and social skills are pretty fried from the conference. I did my 3-mile road loop walk for exercise. (Maggie doesn't do that with me any more.) Didn't see anything spectacular, but there are ordinary things which can bring on a smile.

New England Aster:

New England Aster

Black-eyed Susan:

Black-eyed Susan

And, too far away for good focus, but boldly standing in the road, a deer. She was keeping her eye on me, though.

deer

I picked up 50 cents worth of bottles and cans, and hunted for any wild grapes. I don't think there are any of those this year, either.

Tomorrow, it's "back to work."

if you like this blog, click the +1  

7 comments:

Ann said...

It the ordinary things like this that make for a good day.

rainfield61 said...

The deer turned back, and found you.

That it can tell its friend for a very long time.

vanilla said...

Obviously a nice walk!

Secondary Roads said...

Ah . . . the joy of the ordinary. If communing with a black-eyed susan or watching a doe watching you is really ordinary. Things like that always seem special to me. It's like they are tiny miracles.

Catherine said...

Flowers always make me smile. It is good that you took some time for yourself...everyone needs a little relaxation time. Blessings, your friend, Catherine

Rick (Ratty) said...

It's always good to see flowers. I haven't seen many flowers here this year.

Dick Stone said...

black eye susan, my state flower :-)