Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Nature's Alphabet 2- X-Z

 
Here are the final three letters in set #2. But, you know, I can't stop seeing them.

The letter X as seen in cracks in the ice on a lake

the letter X

This was taken on March 13, on Bear Lake, a work day.

The letter Y as seen in the veins in a burdock leaf

the letter Y

I took this today! There are Ys in nature everywhere. I kept putting off getting one because I wanted something not so obvious. But this makes a nice contrast with the mineral X and Z.

The letter Z as seen in mineral veins in a rock

the letter Z

This was taken June 19, 2012 on A Walk at Summit Beach

See Alphabet Photo Index
if you like this blog, click the +1  

4 comments:

vanilla said...

...now I've (pictured) my abc's.
Good job!

Secondary Roads said...

what a neat set of letters! Well done. And to think when my mom made me weed the garden I used to tell her that burdock not good for anything at all.

john bain said...

I think I shall be looking out for letters on my next walk.
Thanks for sticking with me while I have been busy.

Sharkbytes said...

vanilla- And do you know them? (just kidding)

Chuck- burdock is very useful, and inspired velcro!

John- once you start seeing them you can't stop. Well, I don't get over your way every day, but I don't stay away too long.