Entries to Win Afghan


If you like my books, essays, etc. you might want to put your name on this private email list (no spam ever) for advance notices, coupons, and occasional freebies. Tell your friends too! Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Previous gifts include a short story, a poem and a half-off coupon for the newest book. Sign up, and don't miss out!"
Winners are: 3rd place- e-book of your choice: Wendy Nystrom. 2nd place- book of your choice, paper or e-book: Sue Ann Crawford. Winner of the afghan: Elaine Hull.

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Nature's Alphabet 2- X-Z

 
Here are the final three letters in set #2. But, you know, I can't stop seeing them.

The letter X as seen in cracks in the ice on a lake

the letter X

This was taken on March 13, on Bear Lake, a work day.

The letter Y as seen in the veins in a burdock leaf

the letter Y

I took this today! There are Ys in nature everywhere. I kept putting off getting one because I wanted something not so obvious. But this makes a nice contrast with the mineral X and Z.

The letter Z as seen in mineral veins in a rock

the letter Z

This was taken June 19, 2012 on A Walk at Summit Beach

See Alphabet Photo Index
if you like this blog, click the +1  

4 comments:

vanilla said...

...now I've (pictured) my abc's.
Good job!

Secondary Roads said...

what a neat set of letters! Well done. And to think when my mom made me weed the garden I used to tell her that burdock not good for anything at all.

Don't unplug your hub. said...

I think I shall be looking out for letters on my next walk.
Thanks for sticking with me while I have been busy.

Sharkbytes said...

vanilla- And do you know them? (just kidding)

Chuck- burdock is very useful, and inspired velcro!

John- once you start seeing them you can't stop. Well, I don't get over your way every day, but I don't stay away too long.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin