Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Foggy Morning on Long Lake

 
I worked again today, cleaning resort cabins. It had rained just before I left home, and I think the area where the resort is must have had a bigger shower. Just as I pulled into the driveway the sun was lifting the foggy mist off Long Lake. I stopped to take some pictures. I have one where the boat is focused a little better, but I like the mysterious look of this one best.

boat in morning fog

if you like this blog, click the +1  

10 comments:

Loretta said...

absolutely love this photo...would so go with the decor and my other boat photos. I enjoy being in a boat out on the water when the fog comes up and surrounds the boat and then slowly lifts...great shot...

betchai said...

i so love this photo, sharkbytes, so love the mystery provided by the rising mist and that green further added drama to that boat.

shelly said...

Oooo vampires.

Hugs and chocolate,
Shelly

http://secondhandshoesnovel.blogspot.com/

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Wow. Just wow. ::sigh::

rainfield61 said...

The picture is as beautiful as a piece of drawing.

john bain said...

It is a beautifully mysterious photo. Is that an oak in the foreground? It looks in real good condition. My oaks have been attacked by gall wasps.

Terry W. Ervin II said...

I think it was a good notion to post the boat that is a little out of focus. Neat pic.

Lin said...

VERY pretty. :)

Sharkbytes said...

Loretta- Hmmm. We could make that happen

betchai- Thank you! You have a good eye, so I respect your opinion

shelly- sorry- I never think of vampires in settings like this (or any other)!

rose- so it calls to you too!

rainfield- and I almost missed it- just a glance and I ran for my camera

John- it IS an oak!

Terry- Thanks for stopping by

Lin- I think this will be one of my favorites of the year.

Secondary Roads said...

Fabulous shot Shark! The bright green oak leaf in sharp focus adds to the fuzzy mystery of fog and soft focus on the remainder of the scene.