Entries to Win Afghan


If you like my books, essays, etc. you might want to put your name on this private email list (no spam ever) for advance notices, coupons, and occasional freebies. Tell your friends too! Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. The most recent issue contained Chapter 2 of Dead Mule Swamp Druggist. Sign up, and don't miss out!"

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A Little Splurge

 
Went hog wild and bought myself a little gift today. (It has a tiny chip so I got 10% off, and it was much cheaper than I thought it would be- all the right things, and blue too!). And the flowers will hopefully continue to give some color for a while.

birdbath and flowers

I want to put it where I can watch the birds play in their birdbath from the chair where I work.

In other news, I started the back section of the roof that is this season's chore. It's a small piece, and I hope it will go really fast. REALLY fast.

See Looky, Looky, I Played Hookey
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!

5 comments:

Loretta said...

I love it! Happy Birthday to You...cool that you were able to find the perfect gift for yourself....and your feathered friends. I wish our bird bath was not way across the yard. The birds are loving it though. At least yours will be easy to refill. Hope you have a fun day tomorrow even though we are not "officially" celebrating until May 13th!

Sharkbytes said...

Thanks, Loretta! It was only $11 with the discount. I decided even I could afford that. It's SO pretty.

Ann said...

I read Loretta's comment so Happy Birthday to you. That is a sweet gift you got yourself. Love the color of it too.

Lin said...

It's your birthday?? Happy Birthday, my friend!!

Isn't it nice to have a little pot of flowers these days? I love pansies for that reason--they don't mind the cold and they are so bright....just when we need them!

LOVE the birdbath. :)

Secondary Roads said...

That's a beautiful bird bath and it makes a fine birthday gift (to yourself). Many happy returns of the day.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin