Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, April 27, 2014

This Year's Roofing Project

 
If you agonized with me through the large roofing project last fall, I decided to give you a break this year. This year's piece was very small by comparison, just the steeper part of the roof on the back. I got it done in three days of work. Forgot to take a completely "before" picture, but you can tell where the old shingles were from the first day's shot.

Thursday:

roofing project

Saturday:

roofing project

Sunday (today):

roofing project

I did not get all the old mess off the roof. That's going to take another tarp and more energy than I had today. I just hope the blue tarp doesn't shred. We're supposed to get wind tonight. And of course, it hasn't been warm enough yet to seal the shingles. But I can only do what I can do, and I was pooped.

Speaking of pooped, the new section has already been christened.

roofing project

The entire front has to be re-done too, but it's not nearly so critically pressing. Don't worry, though, I have several other major chores to keep me out of trouble here this year.

See Looky, Looky, I Played Hookey for last year's roofing project
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


7 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Good work! I feel like saying 'been there, done that! One roof we replaced had five old layers of shingles - they'd never removed any of the layers. And the bottom two were cedar shakes; it was all over an inch thick!

Anonymous said...

YAY, Joan! Looks great...hope the wind does not blow the mess down, although if it blew the mess all down in one spot , that would be helpful, I guess

Ann said...

Good job. I admire your ability to do anything and everything. I couldn't climb up on the roof let alone reshingle it.

Duxbury Ramblers said...

That's a grand job you have done Joan or as I would say round here "Proper Job" :)

Lin said...

Looks GREAT! Good work, Joan. You are amazing!

vanilla said...

You are blessed to have the grit, the determination, and the stamina, and yes, the skill, to accomplish such a task. Well done!

Secondary Roads said...

Ya done good! (as they say around here) Nice work. Not sure what you've had for weather today. Here it has been very strong winds with some rain.