Entries to Win Afghan


If you like my books, essays, etc. you might want to put your name on this private email list (no spam ever) for advance notices, coupons, and occasional freebies. Tell your friends too! Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Previous gifts include a short story, a poem and a half-off coupon for the newest book. Sign up, and don't miss out!"
Winners are: 3rd place- e-book of your choice: Wendy Nystrom. 2nd place- book of your choice, paper or e-book: Sue Ann Crawford. Winner of the afghan: Elaine Hull.

Thursday, April 24, 2014

What Kind of Portent?

 
As I was leaving this morning, look who was hanging around on the barn roof. Hopefully, they don't know something about my immediate future. (Just kidding.)

vultures

It was a long and busy work day. I'll get my fun day some other day. But I did get to drive some new back roads. Still not very green here, but I like 'em anyway.

back road

back road

Thanks for all the birthday wishes! It was amazing. Something over 120 greetings on Facebook.

if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


6 comments:

Ratty said...

Turkey vultures have been good luck for me. It's cool that you got such a close up look at them. They've become some of my favorite birds.

Ann said...

A friend of my husbands lives out in the country and he's got a ton of turkey vultures out there. They sure are an ugly bird.

vanilla said...

Oh,my. I scrolled by the picture on facebook, thought they were pigeons and wondered what the big deal was. Then I come here. Surely they are just resting on their long flight to wherever it is they are going!

Secondary Roads said...

I see several of those turkey buzzards each day. I prefer to think of them as "the clean-up committee." When I see roads like that I have a deep longing to go exploring. I'm sure you understand.

Aaron Lazar said...

We have lots of those guys around here. ;o) Beautiful photos - love roads like these.

Dennis the Vizsla said...

hello sharkbytes its dennis the vizsla dog hay happy belayted birthday!!! and i wood not wurry abowt those turkee vultchers on the roof we had a run in with wun of those wunse and the only thing that happend was that we got a nice roast for thanksgiving!!! ha ha ok bye

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin