Entries to Win Afghan


If you like my books, essays, etc. you might want to put your name on this private email list (no spam ever) for advance notices, coupons, and occasional freebies. Tell your friends too! Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Previous gifts include a short story, a poem and a half-off coupon for the newest book. Sign up, and don't miss out!"
Winners are: 3rd place- e-book of your choice: Wendy Nystrom. 2nd place- book of your choice, paper or e-book: Sue Ann Crawford. Winner of the afghan: Elaine Hull.

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Lean, Green Tiny Machine

 
Look who was willing to sit still while I stuck the camera right in his face! (Or hers... I have no clue)

green leafhopper

Yes, it's a leafhopper. Remember, I found a white leafhopper in August?

This one was a little smaller, maybe a bit over 1/4 inch in length, about 5mm. Still, it's pretty good sized. I often see really tiny ones, more like an eighth inch.

green leafhopper

And this one is the quintessential example, looking just like a tiny leaf. They are usually very nervous, so I was surprised I got several tries at getting a picture. None of them is in perfect focus, but still, not really bad.

There are thousands of kinds, I can't even begin to name this one (Charlie?). I looked through BugID.net and didn't see a good match. That would be about as far as I could take it.

Rained today. That's fine with me. It's supposed to clear and be a nice weekend.


if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


1 comments:

Secondary Roads said...

To pose like that for you must take ignorance, fear or courage. I have no idea which applies in this case.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin