I ended up with only about an hour and a half that I could work on the trailer. I tackled some demolition of the right side. Here's how it looked when I started.
First I removed that window frame, and the paneling on that side. Then I took all the "extras" off the cupboard: thermostat, 12 V light, and 120 V outlet.
The cupboard is the one thing that was built in really well and may possibly have been part of the original interior. At any rate, even though I'm not re-using it, I'd like to not totally destroy it.
The middle shelf is where the furnace lived. As it turned out, all I really accomplished of a serious nature was that I got the furnace out without damaging either it or the cupboard frame. It took a while to figure out how it had been put in, but I managed.
Then I started trying to separate the cupboard from the furring strips that are fiberglassed to the trailer. I have taken out five big screws that were holding it, but it still won't budge. That will have to be the next day's puzzle/project.
In other news, I dried clothes outside on the line. In February! Unheard of.
| See |
Index for Trailer Refurbish
Redo Day 3
|if you like this blog, click|