Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, September 28, 2017

A Night in the Kitchen

 
Hopefully, this won't turn out like a Night at the Museum.

The story begins last week with two monster zucchinis. I've made two loaves of bread with shredded Z in the fridge for two more, 2 quarts of soup, and tonight I tried something new. Zucchini dill pickles. 6 pints of them. But now I'm out of zucchini again!

I'll let you know how they turn out. They were easy to make, so I'm hoping the answer is that they are good. I don't make pickles much, because about the only kind I really care much about are dills.

zucchini dill pickles

And, we have a potluck at work tomorrow, so I made rolls. Yes there's one missing. Had to test them, don't you think?

rolls

I also was given a baby monster yellow squash. I cooked that in the crockpot with onions and cheese. That was so good, I ate it all in two days.

See Zucchini Days
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


2 comments:

Secondary Roads said...

Those rolls look good enough to eat . . . Oh yah, that's what they're all about.

Ann Thompson said...

Now I'm hungry