Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, September 9, 2017

Peaceful, Productive and Pink

 
Recently, I saw a meme on Facebook with 10 things you should never do to an introvert. Every one of them was spot on for me. And yet, here I am blogging and sharing my life with hundreds of people every day. From a distance. That's really important.

What this has to to with today is that it was the kind of day I need more of. I slept till I woke up. Then I did a number of things. Laundry. Scraped more paint on my trailer. Wrote a chapter in Dead Mule Swamp Druggist. And... drum roll... got the cover done to the point where I think it's a final edition. I suppose there could be a tweak or two, but I'm not seeing them today. And I did not have to interact with anyone (except Omer) in person. Don't get me wrong. I love seeing people, but I need huge spaces in between. Today was a nice one.

Here's the cover. Should be clickable to see it larger. I think this preview shot is blurry.

And pink. Not my favorite color, but any sunset with nice tones works for me. In nature, I just like color!

pink sunset


Here's a free sample from Chapter 46 (Ana is on the phone):

    I heard the lawyer suck in his breath through his teeth. I imagined them yellowed and slightly pointed.
    "Now there's a most interesting question. Indeed. If a legator does not specifically exclude legatees who may have a valid claim on a portion of an estate, the potential heirs may bring suit to challenge said will. If the testator does not specifically name the heirs, the testament can be adjudged to include all the biological offspring of the legator. Some rights..."
    My head was spinning, and I was afraid the man would continue speaking legalese. I butted in, "Wait a minute. You're saying that the actual wording of the will is critical as to who inherits, but perhaps any biological children could, right? Have you seen the will?"
    "Your first statement is a correct assessment of the situation. Very shrewd, Ms. Raven."
    "Call me Ana," I said. I sat down and pushed the pan of apples away from me.
    "Very well, Ana. Now, in response to your second question, no. I'm afraid I have not seen Colin Mueller's actual will, but I am fully prepared to represent Cubby's interests in this matter to the fullest extent of the law."
    The man's teeth were definitely pointed and his lips thin.
You can find the first four Anastasia Raven Stories at Smashwords or Amazon

See an excerpt from Chapter 36
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!

2 comments:

Ann Thompson said...

Im the same way. I need lots of alone time between social interaction.
The book cover looks good

Secondary Roads said...

A vampire lawyer? Yeah, that seems right to me.