Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Methodist Trails

 
That's as in trails on the Methodist Church property. I doubt that the trails themselves are denominational.

Anyway, I had been told there were some trails behind the church that were open to the public. I made time before handbell practice to go check them out.

I wandered around until I hit one of them, then followed a loop and two spurs for a total of 1.7 miles. Just a nice stroll.

trail

Not much happening in the green department yet, but the sun was shining and the trails were dry. Blue sky and evergreen branches never disappoint.

sky through evergreens

What you can't see in that picture is the large flock of sandhill cranes way up high. I tried to catch a picture, and did get a few of them. You can just see the spots with wings if I zoom in.

sandhill cranes high in sky

I saw and heard the cranes at the very beginning of my walk. Just at the end I found more of the smooth puffballs that I learned last year. they are all collapsed and have released their spores.

smooth puffball

See Smooth Puffball
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


1 comment:

Ann said...

Looks like a nice trail. The blue sky sure is pretty