Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, March 9, 2017

Windy

 
Most everyone in this entire area of the country has been experiencing some pretty hefty winds recently. It took three days for them to blow themselves out and equalize the air pressure. We didn't have a power outage, but we lost one fascia cover on the house. I'll need help to get that back in place, I think.

Every once in a while the atmosphere is just right to see some of the wind turbines quite clearly from my house. Tuesday night was one of those times.

wind turbines

At night I can count 17 red blinking lights, but with trees and haze and distance they don't all show up in the daytime. These are about five miles away.

I'm still undecided as to whether I'm really in favor of them or not. I do think their life span is too short relative to the cost of installation.


See Pinwheels on Pink
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


2 comments:

Secondary Roads said...

Power went out here two days ago and it looks like two more days until it's restored.

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello sharkbytes its dennis the vizsla dog hay wow luk at all those propellers!!! is the stayt going to take a flite sumware??? hay if yoo ar all sik of winter come on down heer to the mithikal land of suthern kalifornya!!! ok bye