Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Frosty Morning II

 
This is the second frosty morning here this fall, but it's also the second time I've used the title.

frosty window

The hard frost last night brought down nearly all the leaves on the mulberry, making a carpet for the early sun to catch.

mulberry tree

The sun was also glowing through these geranium leaves.

red geranium leaves

But what I like best is when the edges of leaves get frosted. I managed to find several with various shapes before I had to scoot for work.

frosty leaves

frosty leaves

frosty leaves

frosty leaves

I actually had a hugely productive day. Wish they could all be like this, but they cant, and I have to accept that.

After I blogged last night, I finished the draft of Dead Mule Swamp Druggist. Now the editing begins.

Today is supposed to be the last day of clear weather, so I really needed to whip through a list of final outdoor tasks after work.

The first task was before work. As soon as it was light enough to see, and still frozen, I covered every inch of skin and blasted those German Yellowjackets. Not even one tried to come after me. I was afraid some might escape into the house. They've been getting into one of the downstairs rooms. But I haven't seen any after the WMD attack this morning. So far so good.

This afternoon, I:
Mowed down by the road.
Put away the hoses.
Started the snowblower to make sure it's ready for winter (but it may be reported as a death on Monday... stay tuned. I ended up calling the shop guy because it made a REALLY bad noise and quit).
Mowed my trail to be ready for skiing.
Put Stabil in the mower tank. I tell you this minor detail only because I forget to do this SO many years.


See Frosty Morning
See Frosty
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


1 comment:

Ann said...

We've had a couple frosts already this season too. It does look pretty on those leaves.
Glad you were able to blast the bees without them attacking