Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, March 24, 2018

Familiar Plant - New Season

 
Found some healthy jimsonweed, Datura stramonium, standing with last years seed pods on it. Nice photo op.

jimsonweed seed pods

These have lovely white trumpet flowers in the summer. This time of year you just see the mature shape of the plant and the pods.

jimsonweed seed pods

It's a really distinctive plant, but pretty poisonous if you ingest. I like how the pods vary from near white to dark gray.

jimsonweed seed pods

In other news: I read a book I have to review. That's about it! Well, I did put these pics on my photo website.

if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


1 comment:

Ann Thompson said...

These are quite interesting looking