Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

The Beach Scene

 
After our return to winter, by afternoon today the weather was trying to seem like March. At least the sun was shining. After work and the tax appointment I went to the beach and took some pictures. It was five weeks ago I brought you the wintry shots in the link below. At least it was warmer than that day!

It wasn't a day of high waves, but I loved the colors

green waves on Lake Michigan

The dune grass is doing well in this spot. It often gets trampled near popular beaches

dune grass

I can't decide if this is a hairy elbow or a vase.

driftwood

Patterns in the sand are always intriguing.

patterns in beach sand

This larger driftwood log is de-laminating in interesting ways

eroded driftwood layers

With daylight savings time I was way too early for sunset, but the low sun on the water made it look completely different. Water is like snowflakes... no two moments are alike

sunlight on waves on Lake Michigan

Doing a little formatting work, but going to bed early. I woke up at 4 am and couldn't get back to sleep.

See Blue, Blue, White (brown)
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


1 comment:

Ann said...

Loving these beach pictures. They make me want to take a trip to the one here but ours is probably still covered in snow.