Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, October 9, 2024

WSCC Hike- Try Again

  Today I made sure I had the SD card in the camera and went back out to West Shore Community College to take a walk.

Their nicest trail is a mostly wooded walk around their pond. That's about 3/4 of a mile. This was the view I was willing to go back out there to capture.
west shore community college pond


There is a nice pavilion with tables and picnic grills in a mowed area near the pond.
west shore community college pavilion


At the far end of the loop you cross the marshy area and unnamed creek that feed the pond and flow to the Lincoln River. There is a sturdy boardwalk.
west shore community college boardwalk


And on the return side, there are some views of the pond through the trees.
west shore community college pond


You know I'm always trying to catch that perfect pattern on the water. This isn't it, but it's another attempt. You sure never get two alike.
pattern on water surface


I wanted to walk more than 3/4 of a mile. Again, I took some of the cross-country course, and walked around the disc golf course too.

I picked up a little writing job for a few dollars that I did this morning, and some editing, and laundry, a phone call, and a trip to the post office. The walk and some time on my projects, and there went the day!

Miles walked in 2024: 480.2

West Shore Community College trail and other paths: 3.1 miles

See A Nice Hike at WSCC

No comments: