Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, October 27, 2024

Flashback to Flower Show 2010

  I was SO good today. I worked on all my projects a little bit. I put away all the mess created by moving and fixing the table. I added 800 words to Vacation from Dead Mule Swamp.

One of my projects has been to try to organize pictures better so I can actually find things. Got to the SD card with the 2010 Philadelphia Flower Show. There are so many wonderful things at each of these shows that I never show you all of them. Today I'll share a few that I didn't in 2010. That said, the pictures on the old blog entries are gone because the server where they were is no more. I'll try to restore those over the next few days. The link below is to the first entry with the theme of the show which was "Passport to the World."

First up for today is this study in green in the China exhibit. It features moss, spider chrysanthemums, Cypridium orchids hanging down, and what I think might be a 'Melted Wax' echiveria. When the plants aren't labeled, I'm often doing nothing more than making educated guesses.
study in yellow-green and textures


I guess I'll focus on yellow/yellow-green today. This was one of the entries in the category of "Porches." There are often themed entries like window boxes, a reading room, potting sheds, front yards, etc. If you've followed the flower show entries over the years, or if you attend, you know what I mean.
porch decor with tulips


I THINK the bright yellow-green here is 'Neon' Pothos, or Philadendron. I love how it contrasts with the New Zealand Flax (not a flax) which is the red/purple spiky stuff. Lots of good textures going on here too.
neon pothos with New Zealand Flax


I don't have much of a clue what any of these plants are, but they were in the Africa display. I try to take pictures of labels, but sometimes things aren't labeled, and sometimes, I just don't find them or get a photo.

Actually, the things in the lower front may be artichokes, and the upper back may be Leucodendon 'Inca Gold.'
african flowers


There is a reasonable chance that I will get to go to the 2025 Philadelphia Flower Show. Really looking forward to that. It's one of the highlights of my year when I get to attend. I believe I've been to nine of them. Every once in a while, there is a sort of dud, but each one is guaranteed to be different!

See Passport to the World

No comments: