Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Blogging Stuff


Just a couple of "housekeeping" notes. First of all, I'm bringing back the monthly contest. I was sorry to let it go this summer, but there just wasn't time, with all the hiking. So... I'll keep trying to make up contests that aren't so hard you won't play, and are also fun. So, get ready! For new readers, this will be some silly little game. Anyone who plays will get a text link in the answer post, and the winner will get a banner ad for a month in the sidebar.

I also need to update the monthly commenters ads, because some of you who are now faithful visitors are not getting any recognition. So, stay tuned!

I want to thank both my SIL Loretta, and Russ of Grampy's World, for linking to my blog lately.



7 comments:

jeanlivingsimple said...

Since I am relativity new to your blog I am looking forward to the contests.:)

Lin said...

Uh oh. Sounds like I gotta pick up my game here at Sharky's place! ;)

I hope the game is a bit easier, Sharky. I'm not so bright, you know.

Ann said...

I didn't get in on any of the contests last time so I'm going to try extra hard this time around to try and do some :)

spinninglovelydays said...

Yay for the return of the contests! :)

Sharkbytes said...

Hey! I'm really glad to hear that some of you are looking forward to the contests. I'll try to be reasonable, but ya know I can't make it too easy or there won't be a clear winner. The last few times, only a couple of people even entered.

vanilla said...

I like your essay on the asters. They are abundant around our neighborhood, especially prolific along the creek banks. Didn't know they were "calico asters". I always referred to them as the aster weed. Scientific name? Won't remember that so much!

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

vanilla- they certainly aren't the showiest aster in the bunch!