Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, September 5, 2010

A Day for Friends


get well card with sailboat

My good blogger buddy, Ratty of The Everyday Adventurer, has been in a car accident, and was actually taken to the hospital. He says he'll be all right but needs to take some time off to recuperate. He thinks he'll be able to visit some of his favorite blogs, so why not send him a get well card? This was the view over Lake Michigan today, Ratty! Hope it's restful for you.

friends posing for camera

The rest of this post is going to be just a bunch of people you don't know posing with Om and me. But it's what my day was all about, and I had a really good time. It's My Quality Day!

We received a call yesterday afternoon from some friends who live in Grand Rapids, but often come up here for Labor Day. They invited us to join them and their extended family for lunch and the afternoon. We had more food than any of us needed (isn't that just a part of holidays?), then some of us rode bikes out to the state park.

friends posing for camera

There we ran into some other friends! The two guys on the ends used to work at the same place we both did for a while. I hadn't seen them for over 10 years. The boy is the son of the guy on the left.

I hope you are having some good weekend time with friends too!



5 comments:

Ann said...

I read about Ratty's accident. What a great idea to send him a card. I'll post one tomorrow for him.
Sounds like you had a great day, enjoy the rest of the holiday weekend

Lin said...

Leave it to you, Sharky, to come up with a good idea! I'll post one tomorrow too.

Happy Labor Day, Sharky and friends!

VetTech said...

Wishing your friend a speedy recovery, and you a happy labor day

Joanne Olivieri said...

I was sorry to hear about Ratty. I will post a card for him as well. Hope you had a great weekend.

spinninglovelydays said...

I wish Ratty a speedy recovery. That's a very peaceful scene on your card for him. :)