Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Playing with a Butterfly


Today was a frustrating day. That's not what I'm supposed to talk about on MQD, but between rain, an obstinate computer problem, and errands, Maggie and I never got a walk at all. But yesterday, I took this picture of a Monarch butterfly in flight. I think it's pretty cool that I caught it in the air, but the truth is that the focus isn't too good, so I decided to just fool around a bit. Can you find it?

Monarch butterfly flying

I bet you did. This should help

Monarch butterfly flying

I could handle this design on my bathroom wall in tile, couldn't you?

Monarch butterfly flying

I really like this one!

Monarch butterfly flying

Oh, you want to see the original? OK... it's nothing special. But sometimes we don't need anything too earth shaking in order to have a little fun!


See No Bird in the Apple Tree


9 comments:

Duxbury Ramblers said...

I did not see it in the first one until you pointed it out with the other photos.

rainfield61 said...

Have fun and enjoy.


Happy day.

Secondary Roads said...

I couldn't find it without help. Nice shots--as always.

Ann said...

I was looking in the wrong spot on the first one. Didn't see it until I looked at the second. Those are exactly the reason I never toss those blurry photos out. It's so much fun playing around with them when you don't have anything else to do. Very cool

Joanne Olivieri said...

Very cool. I couldn't find it without looking at the other ones. Love the third and fourth shots. Well done.

spinninglovelydays said...

I love the original one, of course, but the third one is really pretty. :)

Sharkbytes said...

Carol- easy for me to see, since I already knew the answer, eh?

rainfield- I DID have fun!

Chuck- well, perhaps it's easiest when you know where it is, hahaha

Ann- I thought of you all the time I was playing!

Jo- I guess it wasn't as obvious as I thought.

Ivy- yup, that's my favorite.

RNSANE said...

I couldn't figure it out until I saw the real thing which I thought was wonderful.

Sharkbytes said...

Carmen- it sort of grows on one. Even though it's not in focus that sort of enhances the motion of it all.