Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Heading Home- First Leg

 
Heading homeward. First travel day puts me at Pam's house. Meanwhile, I thought it would be nice to get Dave & Rachel and the girls all in one picture at the same time.

family picture

Philadelphia is a really interesting city because there are still so many really old buildings. Everywhere you go there are contrasts between the old and new. This is just one at random.

Philadelphia

Finally, here is a view of the Delaware River from the apartment of Pam's son, Jay.

Delaware River

So tomorrow it's a hefty dose of real world. I still won't make it home, but I'll be working on picking up my "new" car. Hopefully, we have all the ducks lined up so that they will quack. It's a bit daunting.

if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


5 comments:

Secondary Roads said...

A nice family. Other than the car, I hope you had a wonderful time in the city of brotherly love. Also, good luck with your "new" car.

vanilla said...

Here's hoping you and your ducks will be singing along the way!

Ann said...

a nice family shot. When comparing old building to new I always prefer the look of the older ones

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi There, Thanks for visiting my blog--even though you didn't see any of the special ones... I hope you will come back often. I am enjoying yours... Read about some of your hiking... WOW--that is awesome.. Hubby and I hike --but not that seriously. We just love to hike and take photos. We are waterfall lovers---so we'll go most anywhere to see a waterfall... ha

Thanks again for coming to my blog(s).
Hugs,
Betsy

RNSANE said...

I still can't believe I've never made it to Philadelphia in all my travels about the US, I really like your picture of the old and the new and your family portrait is lovely.