Entries to Win Afghan


If you like my books, essays, etc. you might want to put your name on this private email list (no spam ever) for advance notices, coupons, and occasional freebies. Tell your friends too! Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Next issue will contain Chapter 2 of Dead Mule Swamp Druggist. Sign up, and don't miss out!"

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

It's Gone!

 
I was out doing cases today and drove the same road on which I found the two silos from Silo Tops - 1, just last week. I mentioned that the barn attached to the first one had collapsed.

Now it's gone! Demolished, and the last of the rubbish is burning in a small pile near the middle.

hog hoe

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. People do occasionally deal with buildings that need to be removed.

Nevertheless, somehow it felt like I'd lost a friend I'd just met.

I guess the quality in this post is that it's a good reminder to appreciate people and places when they are available to us.

if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


6 comments:

Lin said...

Oh, that's sad. :(

vanilla said...

Not that I want to make your story about me, but yesterday I wrote a story of demolition and scheduled it to be posted on STSTT in the morning.

Buildings are just buildings, I guess, but memories are precious.

Ratty said...

I see many old buildings out here in the country that probably need to be torn down. None of them ever are for some reason. Maybe I just don't notice the ones that are.

Duxbury Ramblers said...

Very depressing and sad that it had to be demolished :(

Ann said...

It is sad. I know how you feel, it's kind of how I felt when an elderly neighbors house was sold and torn down.

Secondary Roads said...

Your barn and Vanilla's hospital leaves me feeling just a little bit sad.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin