Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Silvery

 
Worked most of the day. Tired. We are supposed to get freezing rain, sleet, other nasties tomorrow. Meanwhile, it's too icy to have much fun outside. I don't even have any pictures from today. Tried to find the energy to do something artsy. Rose almost inspired me. Well, she did inspire me, but I ran out of energy.

So I bring you some silvery icy pictures from other days in the past month or so that never made it on the blog.

Leaves frozen under a skim of ice on the cemetery creek.

ice

Just two different areas of a frozen puddle on the shoulder of the road. Always something beautiful to be found!

ice

ice

Finally, a picture I took while hiking at Pine Valley, but there were so many beautiful shots that day, I never showed you this one.

cattails

I think an early bedtime is going to work for me!

See Fire and Ice
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


4 comments:

Rick (Ratty) said...

Great pictures, even if they aren't from today. I hope you're able to get some rest.

vanilla said...

And that is why Sharkbytes has such quality days: she sees the beauty in whatsoever she beholds.

Secondary Roads said...

I particularly like that second shot. I remember seeing those "contour" lines in ice from my early youth and was always fascinated by the image. Thanks I feel 65 years younger now.

Our driveway has turned into a skating rink. Okay, the ice isn't all that thick.

Ann said...

natural art, free for the taking. All you have to do is keep your eyes open :)