Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

National Squirrel Appreciation Day

 
Who knew? It's National Squirrel Appreciation Day.

What else can I do but bring you more pictures of Riley? By the way, she isn't a big fan of broccoli. I'm not sure if she eventually took a few of the pieces, or if the birds just knocked them off the railing. Quite predictably, she does like nuts.

red squirrel

red squirrel

red squirrel

red squirrel

Do I appreciate her? Yeah, she's lots of fun to watch. As Vanilla said, "Once you name them, it's all over."

See Riley's Christmas
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


7 comments:

Karen and Gerard said...

I love watching squirrels, they look like they have fun running around and up the trees, chasing each other.

Noner said...

That face is just full of adorable! Really, really, really cute. Then again, I'm a sucker for a rodent. Love 'em all.

vanilla said...

Riley, GHWB, and me. Those gibbles are on the ground.

Ann Thompson said...

Maybe that's why the squirrels quit coming around here, I never named them.

Sharkbytes said...

Karen- nice to hear from you! This one gets her exercise chasing the blue jay away (and getting chased right back)

Nona- I know, they really are adorable.

Aw...Vanilla- too bad. I LOVE broccoli

Ann- you've probably hit it right on the nose.

vanilla said...

Actually, I do eat it. Prefer it raw in salads.

Lin said...

I think it is too bitter for them. I love it though!