Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, December 21, 2015

Kitchenhenge- Winter Solstice 2015

 
Since I started this silly idea, I've managed to capture only 9 solstices or equinoxes, and not all of those on the exact day. Yup, we're doing it again. This morning was completely gray, but I was awake at the right time yesterday, and the clouds were cooperative.

winter solstice

I seem to have done better with equinoxes than solstices. Wonder why that is?

For anyone who hasn't seen this series before, the red line is just my imaginary standard point so I can compare one picture to the others. It always goes through that irregular tree. The equinox occurs more where the yellow dotted line is.

It rained most of the day and I went out and did cases anyway because it's the only day I had to do them.




See Winter Solstice 2014
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


1 comment:

Secondary Roads said...

I enjoy watching the change in solar declination as the year progresses.