Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, October 21, 2023

Bloggy Doggy Buddies


Tonight's post will be rather light-hearted. I worked hard at editing today, and except for shopping, that's really all I did, so there's nothing very photogenic to show you.

However, two weeks ago, when I was at Ann's house on my way home, she took a nice picture of me with her current pup, Gibbs.
woman holding a dog


Today, she posted that Gibbs had been to the groomer. What a difference!
small groomed dog


Stories like this remind me of several good friends I've made because of the hey-day of blogging. Ann likes crafting, and back then she also blogged about the dog she had whose name was Duke. Duke was a character!
white Westie terrier


Back then, I had Maggie. Remember her?



She was half Vizsla, and so I became blog friends with James, the owner of two rescue Vizslas, the funniest (most neurotic) of which was Dennis.
Vizsla


Tucker was a dead ringer for Maggie.


I've yet to meet James (Jim), who now has different dogs and kitties, but he remains on my list of blog friends I'd like to meet. However, he lives in California- not such a likely happening.

If I'm going to mention dogs with blogger humans, I shouldn't leave out John, who rescues Dalmatians. Back then, he had Dash and Dot. Here's Dot.


John only lives in Texas, so it's not out of the question I'd meet him some time, but he finished his quest to do 5000 blog posts, so I don't see what he's up to every day, now.

Back to the editing. I need to make some additional serious progress tonight.

See Blog Buddy Blast

5 comments:

Ann said...

LOL, Gibbs doesn't look like the same dog. I do remember Maggie. You've met some wonderful dog pals over the years.

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- Gibbs certainly looks different. He looks similar to Sue's dog, Annabelle. She also is quite a different dog after grooming.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Chaplin: "Maggie sure did look like our brother Tucker who we never met. And of course we just loved our silly brother Dennis, and still miss him!"
Charlee: "Who knows, maybe one of these years you and Dada will both be back in New York at the same time, since you were practically neighbors then!"

Sharkbytes said...

Charlee- I think that's my best chance to meet Dada. But would he travel with all of you?

The Oceanside Animals said...

Charlee: "What?! Us leave the house?!?!?! Not if I can help it!"