Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Putter, Putter, Scrape


I didn't accomplish much on several important fronts, but I did putter at some other things that needed doing. Probably the most important was that I got the headlights on my car fixed. The low beams weren't working at all. Since I thought that was going to be in the range of $250, and was only $71, I'm pretty happy.

I did a little prep work in the trailer; I did a lot of nothing. It was a dreary day, and my discipline was not up to snuff.

Every once in a while, I show you a purchase I'm pretty happy with. There were a few on the big hike, but the last ones for the house that I shared were in 2020. So here's a little item I'm quite happy with. It's called a "jar spatula." It's made (I think) of silicone with a metal, or perhaps hard plastic, core.


This was purchased with the hope of solving a very particular "problem," and that is the nearly empty 40 oz. peanut butter jar. My usual method to clean these out has been to wait till a day that I just wanted that last bit of p.b. even if it was hard to get at. Then I just put my hand in the jar and use my fingers to clear it. Messy, but effective.

However, it looked like this spatula was going to be just the right size to clean the sides and get in the curve of the bottom. It is.


Notice in the first picture that one side of the spatula sticks out from the handle a little more than the other side. This gives you two options for the depth of the shoulder of the jar.

How do you think it works? I'm very happy. This was on one of those "extra" aisle displays at Meijer.


I did do my daily quota of editing. It's how I'm paying my bills.

See Best Purchases of 2020

3 comments:

Ann said...

Nothing quite so satisfying as being able to scrap a peanut butter jar clean. I use a regular spatula but I'll have to see if I can find one like this.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "Ooh, our Dada might need to pick up one of those spatulas!"

Sharkbytes said...

Ann and Lulu- I really like how this one works.