Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Next Stop- Maumee River


Tonight I'm parked with Marianne D- trail friend and Girl Scout friend.
person by sycamore tree


We took a little walk beside the Maumee River. It's much prettier in the green months than last winter!
Maumee River


We went to check out two treehouse cabins which can be rented from Toledo Metroparks. Probably not cheap camper lodging, but right along the trail. Location 41.44967, -83.783427.
treehouse


In the wildlife department, probably as a result of the hot weather, we found a new hatch of water striders. I'd never seen tiny ones before. I wonder if this means there won't be many next year. If the eggs are supposed to overwinter and hatch in the spring will this be a problem, or will these mature quickly and lay more eggs? I don't know!
tiny water striders


And it was a fantastic day for me! I found a new stage of a plant I've only seen in Ohio. This is Wingstem. The seed pods are distinctive and attractive.
wingstem seed pods


One more road day, but it will have adventures. Stay tuned.

See Wingstem

No comments: