Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Green on Green


Glen Creek

One of the other places that Elaine and I went on our day together before the NY hike was to check out a trail crossing on Thompson Creek which flows into Glen Creek. This is the creek that feeds Watkins Glen State Park. It was labeled as dangerous when the water is high, and since I wasn't sure what the local conditions had been we went to check it out. If the water had been too high to cross, then when Marie and I (and her brother Larry) hiked through we would need to take longer road walk around the area.
Glen Creek

It turned out that the crossing was going to be fine unless there was a lot of rain between Tuesday and Sunday. Note that this large creek is not the one we had to cross. I WAS a little worried when we first walked down to it until I realized that our crossing was on a tributary!

But Elaine and I agreed that the shades of green were just lovely. Deep forest green against mint creme? Now add motion! Enjoy.




See Buttermilk Falls


6 comments:

Ann said...

The shades of green are wonderful and I enjoyed the added motion along with the sound of the wind.

Unknown said...

"My Quality Day" has been included in this weeks A Sunday Drive. I hope this helps to attract even more new visitors here.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2010/06/sunday-drive.html

Lin said...

I am always so jealous of your treks, Sharky. I wish I could go along!! Have fun. :)

spinninglovelydays said...

Gorgeous, Sharkbytes. Just looking at the shades had a cooling effect on me. :)

The Oceanside Animals said...

Ah, the northeast, where water flows freely along the surface of the earth ...

Rick (Ratty) said...

This is my kind of place. I think this is what I like to pretend to myself that my little places are.