How about some lovely appealing berries?
These belong to the humble Virginia Creeper vine. Not every vine seems to produce berries every year, but when they do, the display is often spectacular.
Virginia creeper, Parthenocissus quinquefolia, is often mistaken for poison ivy. But it almost always has five leaflets, and poison ivy has only three.
However, you don't want to eat these pretty berries. No, no, no. The plant is full of oxalic acid. That can cause serious kidney problems, and in some cases, even death.
It's sometimes planted as an ornamental because the leaves turn bright red in the fall.
|See A Creeklet Excursion Revisited for poison ivy|
|if you like this blog, click the +1 |