Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, October 26, 2018

Mr. Long-Legs and Little Sister

 
Remember the twins?

They are still here, and have banded with three other small deer to form a herd of five. It's much harder for me to be sure of identities any more, but I THINK this is Little Sister in front and Mr. Long-Legs behind her. They all have their drab winter coats on now.

two young deer with winter coats

Another smallish deer got hit in the road out front, and I thought it was probably one of "my" group, but five deer showed up this evening, so who knows? They still think they own my yard.

In other news: I got a fair amount of the yard mowed before it rained, in what I hope will be the final time of the season. Of course, the season got out of hand and I didn't manage to keep it down for most of the summer, but at least the autumn olive will be trimmed back before it gets a chance to go nuts in the spring. Should be another dry day soon to finish and do my trails.

The deer don't seem so happy about the mowing. They are staying in the un-mowed spaces. That's fine too.

See Family Portrait?
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


2 comments:

Ann said...

Well aren't they cute.

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello sharkbytes its dennis the vizsla dog hay it luks like santa has set up his reindeer farm teem in yore yard!!! my dada sez those ar not reindeer but they ar deer and yoo sed it wuz raining so kleerly dada duz not no wot he is tawking abowt!!! ok bye