Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, November 11, 2023

Dinner with My Veteran


Om and I try to take advantage of the free meal for veterans at Applebees, but of course, I was hiking last year. This year we went after the vendor event was done.
man in a restaurant


When we got home, we watched Omer's favorite Christmas movie, Edward Scissorhands. The "new" futon downstairs, and a different TV that doesn't scramble my eyeballs (I have no idea why the previous one did that, but it was like the pixels were always jumping around) made that enjoyable.

I did OK at the vendor event. The traffic was good until about 1 pm, and then it fell off to almost nothing.

See Lunch with My Veteran

3 comments:

Ann said...

I think that's awesome that Applebees does that. A big thank you to Om for his service.

Lin said...

Thank you to Om for his service. I'm so glad that he received a nice meal at Applebees. Nice to see that still happening.

Sharkbytes said...

Ann and Lin- There were a lot of vets and their families there. Many of them wear caps with their branch, or ship or whatever. Om doesn't really do that. It's only recently that he's been comfortable with even admitting he's a veteran.