Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Searching... Searching...


It was not a day that lent itself to pictures. I spent nearly the whole day looking for something, which spun off into other jobs. I neeeded an old computer file. I was afraid it was part of what I permanently lost two computers ago. And, I think it must have been.

I ended up finally backing up my old back-up drive. That's good. I've been putting that off a LONG time, and there is stuff on that drive I'd hate to lose. Instead of twiddling my thumbs, I did some other jobs while I was waiting for large files to be moved.

Most seriously, I got the porch cleaned off. I'd been puttering at it a bit, but today I finished except to put a few things away. I'll do those tomorrow. This was the repository of all the wood and miscellaneous pieces of the entire trailer project. The pile was a couple of feet high. I know it hasn't been cleared in 2 years, maybe 3.
porch


Meanwhile, since I was moving all those old files, I went looking for something fun to share. Here's a Throwback Wednesday. Maybe I should say Throwback Thanksgiving. This is 2007. Not our kid, but a good friend, Josh S. He also joined us for T-day in 2013. Now, I'm happy to tell you, he is a husband, and a daddy to two wonderful little boys.
man pretending to eat a turkey in one bite


OK, so it's now 5 pm, and the hard drive is backed up, and I'm still determined to find that file. There was one other option where I might have the text from it. BINGO!

Perfect... and it's something I needed for the Vacation from DMS book. It probably would have taken me less time to look it up all over again. However, I wouldn't have backed up that drive or finished the porch. So, I guess it was a meaningful search.

See Thanksgiving 2013

3 comments:

Ann said...

Usually if I go searching for older computer files I never ever find them.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "Do you need something sniffed out? We dogs can do it for you!"
Java Bean: "Ayyy, and all we ask in return is that we get to have some of that turkey ..."

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- truth there

Lulu- can you sniff computer files?! If you were here and I had a turkey, I would share.