Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, December 30, 2023

More Christmas Week Fun

 Our gifts from Loretta came today. What fun! Mine is...
Christmas gift


OK, I could tell from the sound when I shook it. But that just increased the anticipation. It's a puzzle!. 1000 pieces.
Charles Wysocki puzzle Budzen's


Om got this for me earlier in the season. He said he couldn't resist. We don't need more of this kind of thing, but it has been fun to press the button and see the campfire light up and the Christmas lights blink. Yes, it makes me smile.
camper trailer decoration


Cathy and I did a hike today on the NCT. The weather was gorgeous. We did an easy three miles. Actually, the same as the very beginning of my big hike, which she also did with me. That was just over 2 years ago!
two hikers


And, I seem to be on a serious puzzle jag. I redid this one called "Loveable Pets." I last did this 3 years ago. It's 550 pieces and a little harder than it looks. Just hard enough to be interesting.
Loveable Pets jigsaw puzzle


Then, I found this one in my stash. It had never been opened. It's a high quality puzzle by Audubon, but the pictures are very dark. I was thinking it was going to be quite hard. 500 pieces, non-standard cut. Ha. Easy peasy. I had it done in about an hour and a half. The odd shapes helped because when the colors were muted or muddy, I could just go by the shapes. It's called "It Was for Ripeness." I'm not entirely sure how that relates to the photos, but I guess most of the plants were forming seeds, or had frost on them. Not sure how the waterfalls fit in. Anyway. It's now been done.


I did some volunteer stuff today and cleaned up the kitchen yet again.

North Country Trail, US 10 to Wingleton Rd and back. 3 miles

See Loveable Pets in 2021
See the last time I hiked this section

2 comments:

Ann said...

What a festive mailer your puzzle came in. I've never seen any like that. The little Christmas camper is adorable.

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- I know! the mailer is cool. But I can't believe she paid the shipping. I'll be seeing her in a couple of weeks.